At the end of ONL221 (Topic 5) - MY REFLECTIONS

 

At the end of the ONL221, this badge sums up how I feel

What have I learnt through my engagement in the ONL221 course?

To learn, is to try to contribute and to do. The power of a community of learning is undeniable!

How will that influence my practice?

I am thinking about how to continue learning in this manner, but yet at the same time, I constantly struggled to read new material and cope with contribution. Perhaps, a good way forward is to receive an "injection" of boluses every now and then. 

My thoughts about use of technology to enhance my learning/teaching

This was the very reason why I joined this course, to learn how to use technology better to enhance teaching and learning activities for my students. I was a fan and still am a fan and will always stay a fan of learning new things to keep class engagement going. However, I am concerned about whether I could afford the time to be committed to these regular new tools. I love that handbook developed 

What will I do as a result of my involvement in ONL221? Why?

Formulate a way to share best practices back at my dept of teachers. Am trying to figure out the best way. Reason is that, even though it is competitive between colleagues with respect to performance, I feel that overall the one who benefits is the students. 

Secondly, I will figure out a way to incentivise creation of e-learning material by faculty. Currently, non-in-person / asynchronous teaching is not recognised as part of workload for faculty in my dept!!

Suggestions for development of eLearning in my own teaching or context

I have learnt new tricks and tips from Robin Kay and will incorporate some of the "rules" into the material which I will create from this time forward. The challenge is putting aside time to continually innovate!

Comments

  1. I love your idea of the importance to live and learn. It's very essential to continually innovate and develop the process of educastion as well as mastering our own professional skills. Keep on going and may brilliant opportunities open to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same concern when I first started creating my online lesson. Is it going to be difficult? Will I have time to develop online materials as I am also busy preparing lesson plans etc.? It will take a while but it gets easier when you continue to create a new online lesson. I used the ADDIE model and the Articulate 360 software to create my online lessons. All the best in exploring new ways and tools to create your online lesson! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog